August 12, 2011

Trip to IKEA....



I have learned....the hard way......that taking my kids to IKEA is NO fun...for anyone!  




Don't let those smiling faces fool you!  Every step through the store they complained!


The highlight for them???




....bendable lights....sigh!


It was one of those trips where I had a mini-meltdown and grouched the whole way back to the car...."Can't Mommy ever have your full cooperation just ONCE when I am doing something for me?!?  How many times do I have to walk through the Lego aisle at Walmart???"


I think that I then forbade them to speak for the next half hour in the car....YEP!  A mini-mommie-meltdown!


Have you ever had one of those?

5 comments:

Creative Raisins said...

Our Ikea is about an 1 1/2 hours away from us so I don't go very often. The last time I went with my sister in-law we took 5 kids with us. 3 that were old enough to go into the childcare and 2 that were not. We thought no biggie the little ones are easy and will just sit in the cart. When we got there the childcare was under construction. So disappointing. We learned that you just don't go with any kids and wait till the husbands are home to watch them. I feel your pain.

frances said...

Have had hundreds of car rides like that with 4 kids...oh happy times...I have an Ikea near me so its no big deal for me to go there...Oh and the kids will survive mine did haha Frances

Unknown said...

I had a mommy meltdown just 2 days ago.. I even shed a real tear. I just wanted to be able to have 5 MINUTES of adult conversation without a little mouth interrupting, or wreaking havoc on the neighborhood.... the bad part is that my sweet husband was laughing at me... i guess it was a little silly, but at the time I needed my moment!!

So I am there with you!!

mamafrog said...

Four kids, Walmart, and one who decided to get lost in it. Just sayin...! Thank goodness they are grown up now--and I'm waiting until they have thier own kids.

Anonymous said...

ive never been to ikea and im dying to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...