September 2, 2011

Homemade Baby Food.....



Years ago....I started making homemade baby food.  It was rather experimental for my older son and I really wasn't as diligent as I could have been.  


Part of it was because I was really nervous to break free from the What to do the first year book....also, I wasn't able to go and "Google" baby food recipes since "Google" didn't exist!


By the time my 3rd child came along, I think that I only bought Gerber banana's and it was partially so that I could eat them....are you with me....aren't they good!


My poor daughter really never saw food from a jar.....it was just too expensive! I would just puree what we were having for dinner and feed it to her or make my own veggies and fruit in ice cube trays.


The result.....my first born is easily my pickest eater....my last born ate anything until recently and even eats casseroles where food is touching other food!




Happy Hour Projects linked her Trying to Raise a Foodie this week to Thrifty Thursday and I just had to give her a stand-alone feature because this is a great tutorial for how to make your own baby food!  All the pictures in the post are hers!


I highly recommend making your own babyfood!  Not only are you cutting cost tremendously, but you are introducing your cooking to your child!



If you get a chance, hop over to Happy Hour Projects and
 check out Adrianne's tutorial for how to she does it!


2 comments:

DIYStyleHome said...

Hey Nicole,

I used to do that too, makes more since to see what your child is eating. I bought an $8 small food processor at Walmart and used it. It worked great and you end up making more that you need. By the way, love your decorating.
http://diystylehome.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

I used a hand baby food grinder and put the ground food in ice cube trays to freeze and then stored them in baggies. I would zap them in the microwave and serve them to our babies (such a long time ago, they are 19 and 26 now)!

They loved mashed pinto beans, mashed avocado, homemade applesauce, unsweetened yogurt, etc. They are now adventurous eaters and wonderful cooks. I was just being thrifty but it had a great result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...