November 30, 2012

Muslin-Wrapped Garland




I recently saw this muslin garland idea at Down to Earth Style and was
impressed by the ease and price to make it.



I tore my muslin into strips that were about  12 inches long, folded them,
and tied them into knots.


Total cost: $8.00

2 yards of muslin from Walmart..................$4.00
Twinkle lights from The Dollar General.........$4.00


For the complete look, I used Dollar Tree wreaths that I took apart and wired
together as a garland.  I also had a different type of pine garland that I bought at our local Goodwill.


I stuffed in some pine cones that I bought at Michael's and red berries from
The Dollar Tree....the whole mantle was put together for about $15.



Here's last year's mantle....


Yikes!......I'm not quite feeling the love.  That's even the same starter pine garland!  
What a difference layering makes!

This year I feel way more natural....using greens, pinecones, muslin, and burlap through my house.



Which one do you like??




The Lettered Cottage

6 comments:

ANNE said...

sooooooooo pretty!!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

This is truly just beautiful. Love the last pic too with the garland you made .. OMGURSH !!! PERFECT .. I might want to share your idea one day on my blog .. Tell people to come check this out.. Just beautiful ................

Eliana Van Den Hout said...

Thanks for sharing it is important for me. I also searched for that from here. Visit our site contact Avast belgie.

Billy Emmens said...

Really Nice Post Admin, Very helpful looking for more posts, Now I have to share some information about How To Fix “Acer Troubleshooting Guide” problem. If you are going through this problem you can simply Acer belgie contact.

محمد على said...


شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة مكافحة بق الفراش بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالرياض

Michael Smith said...

I do like that thought. I was on your blog unbelievably, and I changed into an admirer of yours. Continue making the manner in which I read it simperingly. The HP Printer Error 4a04 caused by corrupted software and sometimes bad network. Contact our HP executives to help you for fixing the error.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...