December 7, 2011

Dollar Tree Mantle. . . .



My Christmas mantle is almost entirely from The Dollar Tree.....




My "greens" were originally wreaths that I cut apart and wired together.....you can get el-cheapo wreaths that are really too small to hang anywhere, but when strung together make a nice garland!




The Dollar Tree sells tubes of Christmas balls.....I just dumped a tube into a glass vase that I also purchased at The Dollar Tree....I'll show you how to make the higher vase tomorrow....




I grabbed sprigs of red berries at The Dollar Tree that I cut apart and the poinsettia's were purchased after Christmas at Kmart.....I think that I spent 10 cents a bunch because they were 90 percent off!!



I'm pretty sure that I grabbed the white lights at The Dollar Tree, too, but I purchased them last year.....

You can read about my recycled fall wreath here.....



The entire mantle was easily under $20 for the entire thing.....and this is the second year I've used it.....



Oh my!....I've learned A LOT about my DSLR camera, staging and photo editing since then!  




Linking with:
The DIY Club

6 comments:

Kathe said...

I could not have seen this post at a better time. I am going to DT at lunch today! I will be picking up a couple of wreaths for sure now! Beautiful how you took $1.00 items and made your mantle look like a million bucks!

Kelli @ The Turquoise Piano said...

I totally love it!

Nancy said...

It's very pretty! Good job.

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks great. Nothing better than some twinkling lights, greenery and red berries for Christmas.

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

The mantle looks great! It always amazes me the great things I can find in the dollar store.

iram said...

this looks so heavenly beautiful creation ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...