March 2, 2011

View from a room....


{My view from the kitchen...}



So the problem with my kitchen is that you can see the entire first floor from it....here is one angle of the view....I'm standing right in front of my Craig's List table that I turned from this...



....into this....



I LOVE her!  (I call it a her...she's too pretty to be a he!)  To see how I did it....with SPRAYPAINT.....you can go HERE for the complete tutorial!

The hallway color matches the family room but has fake wainscoting......my first ever blog post....




The color in our "music" room is going to be changing.....I plan to do some board and batten in there and maybe even French doors!  Stay tuned!!

I may even (GULP!) try and paint our.....piano.......YIKES!!  I'm seeing her in a glossy black or chic white....



I've gotten enough affirmation that I can go green in the kitchen.....and I think that I just might try it!......The white beadboard backsplash is still "iffy"......I'd love it, but I'm not sure if it would break the color of the walls and cabinets apart too much.....

I'd like to try and actually put together a mood board to do this project....too many times I don't have a complete picture of a project before I start and then I end up slapping it together.....(honestly...I'm just entirely TOO impatient!! )

If any of you have done a mood board, would you let me know and include a link in the comments section.  Once I learn how to do one, I'll share with you how to put one together!

2 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

I posted a comment earlier but it isn't here. I don't know if it got deleted or if I didn't finish posting it! I invited you to a website called Pinterest to give you an online version of a mood board. The invite won't make much sense without knowing why you're being invited! Anyway, I love the idea of the green and I can't wait to see how this project progresses.

Marie C. said...

I think a mood board is a great idea! I haven't done one myself, but I have had friends who have used them. I think it's so important to think about the whole picture and what you want it to look like in the end. It may take a bit more time and effort, but you'll be happier with the result.

Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...