July 18, 2011

Yummy Zucchini Bread


The one plant that I just can't manage to kill or destroy is a zucchini plant....


These plants are quite amazing how quickly they grow and how HUGE they get!  My children have enjoyed watching how one plant has produced MANY 5 pound zucchinis!

Here is one of my family's favorite zucchini recipes....well, honestly....this is the only way that they will eat zucchini!



Beat 3 eggs until they are frothy....frothy to me is yellow and bubbly...or the allotted time that it takes me to go and braid my daughter's hair while the mixer is going.....



Add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of vegetable (or canola) oil.



Add 2 Tablespoons of vanilla and beat until thick and lemony....



Stir in 2 cups of grated zucchini....I just dumped it into my mixer because I was multi-tasking at this point!



Add 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.....and yes, that mixer made me zucchini bread as a child...it's an antique!




Add 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder....if you so desire, sift the dry ingredients and then add....I never have time to sift!




Be sure to grease your pans and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  This recipe should make about 2 pans of bread!




I doubled my batch and after just 2 days....this tiny little scrap was all that was left!  I had to add the flower so that the plate didn't look too empty!




Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...