This project was supposed to take one hour...I was going to quickly paint the legs and
sand off the top and stain it...an hour, that's all I thought that it would take!
UGH!! Did I miscalculate!!
I originally hauled this baby out of the garbage....it was lovely in all it's 70's wood glory!
So, I painted over it in black....
Then, I got tired of black and painted over it in cream with a coat of stain overtop.
Yep...you can see ALL the colors that it's been! It was in BAD shape!
I started by sanding it....and sanding it....and sanding it.....
I wasn't getting through the layers of paint, so I decided to chemically strip it...BAD IDEA!!
I will NEVER again chemically strip a piece of furniture....it turned into a gooey nightmare!!
I called my Mom in a panic because she has stripped furniture before...what had
I had a little bit of dark walnut sitting on the shelf, so I started staining.
I just use an old t-shirt to apply the stain.
I'll show you later this week how it turned out....but let's just
say that it's take a little more than an hour!!