February 3, 2011

Paper Rosette Frame





I guess that I am now in the Valentine spirit.....I've been crafting for most of the day....here is a quick idea that I threw together.....I've seen similar ideas for wreaths from these paper rosettes......and trust me...they are WAY easier than the tissue paper roses!!



First cut a square of nice cardstock...



Trim your corners to make a circle....it doesn't have to be perfect!



Cut a spiral out of your paper....I didn't even trace a pattern....I just cut a spiral pattern....



Begin to roll from the outside and put SMALL dabs of glue....I did not put small dabs and wound up with glue GLOBS.....



(You can see my glue globs!)

.......do not do any twisting, just roll.......it will naturally take the shape of a rosette because of the spiral cut




When you have turned enough get to the middle piece, you will need to snip it off to complete the rosette.....



Take a scrap piece of paper.....cut a heart....



Take some strips of newspaper and glue to your heart......



Glue your paper heart to a piece of foam board.....mine is a scrap....if you need some, go to The Dollar Tree....it's only $1.00 there!






Begin gluing on your cardstock rosettes.....do NOT use as much glue as I did...grr!



I used some scrapbook letters to write the word "love."




 Remember.......just be sure to use your glue sparingly and kind've hide the spots where you glue the rosettes....



Overall, I am pleased!  The frame is spray-painted and glazed.  It cost $0.50 at the Goodwill!!  The cardstock cost about $1.50 and everything else was FREE because it was just around the house!!

Total Cost:  $2.00 and about 1 hour of time!!

Linking Up with:   



Stuff and Nonsense


Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

14 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I really like this!!! I may have to try it! I have some Dollar Store frames just sitting here . . . .cute gifts for my nieces for V day!

xxoo

Jennifer said...

SO cute!...and much easier than crepe paper rosettes! :)

Jason Mitchell said...

Love it. Have had my own v-day fun and i want to make this one:) thanks for sharing. jenny m.

Alison Agnew said...

I hope you're going to link up some of these cute Valentine craft posts!

Heidi Kingery said...

This is so cute! I love how you did the flowers!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Awesome.

M.O.T.B said...

Way cute and thrifty!

Dacia said...

What a darling idea! Love it!

http://acreativemomma.blogspot.com/

homepodge said...

What a sweet Valentine project! Thanks for sharing it :)

Vanessa Dawne said...

What a wonderfully romantic idea! Love the 3D effect with the frame.

Shannon said...

Very pretty indeed. I have some frames in mind (on hand) so I got the foam board and card stock today and I plan on making one for my mom and maybe my MIL for Valentine's Day along with a homemade card. Thanks for posting this!

Shannon said...

I just wanted to let you know my MIL loved this, thanks for posting this. I am giving my mom hers tomorrow. I used sheet music paper on mine.

Gregory J. Trujillo said...

What you had to share with us is very classical. I loved this frame and I will love to order one. Though, I will order it soon when I am done with my Phd Thesis Help as I have to pay an ample amount to my thesis helper. I am doing a Ph.D. in Arts and it is something I really love to do. I am an artist myself and keep on creating weird things which are loved by many people. I will love to share some of my abstracts with you too.

Maria Lawrence said...

I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website. I also wanna talk about juju hat wall decor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...