October 15, 2011

Camera Strap Tutorial. . . .

We spent the past week in the Pocono Mountains enjoying 
fall's amazing colors and spending some quality family time.......


We took school on the road...



hiked in a boulder field.......


enjoyed gorgeous waterfalls...


and drank caramel hot chocolate....





I was also determined to learn how to use my camera to take better pictures....



We've had our Nikon for almost 1 year now and I still have SO much to learn!  But taking excellent pictures is critical to blogging.....


One thing that I have noticed is that many bloggers have these adorable camera straps for their cameras......after taking pictures all week, I was definitely getting "strap burn" around my neck!  Now, I know, that these strap covers are also functional!

Laura Beth From A Step in the Journey linked a wonderful tutorial for a homemade camera strap to this week's Thrifty Thursday....  



I've seen them to purchase all over the place, but this is the first tutorial that I've seen explaining how to make it....(and she made it from an old dog bed!!)



What I love about Laura Beth's tutorial is that she includes lots of PICTURES so that I know what I am doing!!  I need pictures or I just don't follow really well!

So for the complete TUTORIAL for how to make your own, head over to A Step in the Journey!



I've just got to figure out a way to make a manly-looking, but cute strap since my husband and I share the camera.....

Any suggestions???



1 comment:

Laura Beth said...

Thank you so much for featuring my camera strap tutorial!! I hope some of your readers see just how simple it can be to make one. Because if I can do it, anyone with a sewing machine can :)

Great pictures by the way!! I especially love the picture of the tree changing colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...