October 18, 2012

Fall Mantle Reveal




I'm staying out of any political discourse, but the reality is......with 
gas prices pushing $4.00 per gallon, life is expensive!

So when it comes to decorating, my options are to {mostly} use what I have.


One thing that I've had for maybe 2 years now is my corn husk wreath...


I used corn husks that I bought at a Mexican food store and cut them into triangular strips.
{Warning....it takes a lot of hot glue and many burned fingers to complete this!}


The next thing that I had was dropcloth, burlap, felt and sticks.



There are many tutorials on Pinterest that show how to make the stuffed pumpkins.
I resorted to my method of using old pillows to stuff them....free, again!


My one splurge was the "wheat"...and it's not actually wheat.  
I used a foam form from The Dollar Tree and hot glued a wheat-like grass 
to the form.  

If I had been patient, I could have gotten it for free in my backyard.....I'm not patient!

{The printable was free from Dear Lillie.}


So for spending practically nothing.....I was able to create a simple fall mantle
out of what was lying around my home and yard!





Do you decorate for fall or Halloween?


8 comments:

One More Time Events said...

Love your fall decor especially the corn husk wreath. If you would like to share it would love it if you came and linked up to One More Time.... I am a new follower...
http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2012/10/features.html

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks great...the perfect fall mix :) Laurel

Bliss said...

Pinning the corn husk wreath. If it is one thing I can get my hands on this time of year for free it's corn husks!

Bliss

Roman Adam said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome blog!!
Love it!!
handbags for girls

Mickel Grey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Albert said...

We often place our handbag on the kitchen counter, a bench, and some even momentarily meet the floor so for hygiene reasons alone, it is not acceptable. Online Store

Mickel Grey said...

Very Informative and useful blog. I had a great time reading this, thank you for sharing this with us! global b2b marketplace

Arslan Masoud said...

Usefull information Farmhouse Kitchen Backsplash Ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...