January 3, 2011

The Silver Stick

Once again.....I must confess....the is not my original idea....I saw it HERE at Domestically Speaking's Power of Paint party......(that's where my PB Knock-off Lanterns were featured...)


So go out to your backyard and grab a stick.....I got 2 little ones and tied them together because we have baby trees and the hubby would kill me if I chopped off a real branch.....

Grab a can of silver spraypaint and spray.......It was 50 degrees so I actually sprayed outside... (I know the can says don't spray unless it's like 55 degrees, but it's been 20 degrees....50 feels like 80!)



Grab your Epsom salt and Mod Podge and add a little "snow" to your branches.....


I can pretend we have snow since we've really had nothing but cold weather and tough mud this winter...



Sparkly gorgeous-ness....

Set the stick on your mantle and realize that something is still missing....


But breathe a sigh of relief because it looks so free of any Christmas clutter.....(how does what was beautiful on November 30th become clutter by December 27th???)

It was at this point that I remembered the piece of foam board that I bought to make glitter musical notes for Christmas and never got around to........ask the hubby (who is an amazing artist!) to draw what you are calling a "snowbird".....



Yeah....he cheated and used his iphone for a google photo.....



Trace multiple copies and cut out.......only to realize that cutting foam board with scissors makes for very wrinkly birds.....



Spray with silver spraypaint.....


Roll in Epsom salts.....


Glue to your silver stick........

I'll show you the big reveal tomorrow.....it involves more silver spraypaint and my neighbor's rockpile.....


1 comment:

angie said...

i am a new follower of your blog - my friend told me about it and said our thrifty ideas were similar :) also, i was told we live in the same area! i'm enjoying checking our your blog for ideas - i hope you'll check mine out too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...