March 5, 2011

Twine balls



 
{Easy homemade twine balls}


Originally, I tried making these at Christmas....and they failed....miserably!  I had pile of limpy, mushy string......so when I saw that my friend Alison made some over at Stuff and Nonsense, I thought that I might try it again.......because my Goodwill Fruitstand was now sitting empty!

So I gathered my materials....



First, blow up your balloons.....now as simple as this seems, let me just share a piece of advice....you probably want to measure the size of your balloon at this point in your container....I made mine WAY too big....grr!


I tied my string around the knot of the balloon to keep the string from coming undone and unravelling while I wrapped....



You can paint a little bit of mod podge on the bottom of the balloon as well to keep the string in place....


Wrap your string in whatever design around your balloon.....


Now if I were doing this again, I might paint the string with mod podge before I wrap it around the balloon....


Do you see all the glue in-between the strings???


Well, it dries there....I'm still picking it out!  Let them dry over night.



......I know....I still need to pick out more glue.......



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are cool. I've been wanting to make some for awhile. Thanks for the tips! I'm your newest follower.

cheers,
Lisa x

Lauren - My Wonderfully Made said...

These are really cute! A great way to 'fill' up a small, but empty spot/container!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...