We are in the home stretch of our basement remodel.......if you'd like to follow the story you can go HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE!
This is a picture of the same window about 6 weeks ago....taken on the night of the flood....
After crying and grumbling and complaining and crying some more, I was convinced by my husband to see the "brighter" side......he reminded me that I never really did like the paint color so it was my opportunity to rethink the room....so I did!
I am now painting the baseboard......hopefully we will be able to reuse it. We labeled it as we pulled it off and not too much of it was damaged.
By the time we pulled it off, it had started to mold, so I wiped it with a clorox-based cleaner and sprayed it with industrial strength Microban....
Now I just need to keep him from getting his little pawprints all over my freshly painted boards!
Because this remodel was completely unexpected (and unbudgeted!), we've been trying to be as cost-effective as possible!
One way to trim costs was to use MDF. MDF comes in 1/2 and 3/4 inch sheets. We bought the 1/2 inch sheets and my husband then ripped the boards on the table saw to a width of 3 inches to make our trim. So far, we've only used 1 full sheet!
We then had my dad run the MDF boards through his router to add the fancy trim.....he added the rounded edge to the bottom and the groove.....all it cost was his time and he works for cheap.....a Misto shake at Rita's paid him in full!
My hubby attached the trim boards with nails, but we also needed to add some liquid nails to attach them......the same stuff that I used on my bathroom mirror frame!
We still have a cap to add to the top of the trim......baseboards to attach and rugs to stretch and reattach, but the...end...is...in...sight!!
Now lest you think that the room is actually cleaned and organized, here's a photo just to keep it real!!
I used some creative cropping to keep all of the "floor shots" out of the other pictures!!