December 6, 2010

Goodwill Fruit Stand


So I've seen these fruit stands eveywhere and I have to confess....I have been coveting!  They are just gorgeous!

Well....I stopped into The Gift and Thrift....I can't even remember why, but it was on Black Friday and everything was 50% and the place was empty.....everyone else was fighting in line at Walmart!

And I found this!!!!


And it was 50% off of this price:



Yes....I spent a whole $1.50 on Black Friday!!!

Now...you may be wondering why I would want an ugly, outdated fruitstand......or by now are seeing its potential through SPRAYPAINT!!!

Yes....grab the can of Rustoleum Heirloom White Satin...add a little distressing, a little glaze and you get this...



(oops...you can see a spot that I missed with the spraypaint...I'll just add a little extra glaze there!)

Add some Christmas balls that were purchased last season at Kmart at 90% off....yes...that is not a mistake...a $39.99 container of Christmas balls was purchased for the total cost of $3.99 in January!!




Lovingly request your husband to go back out into the freezing cold to "borrow" some more greens from the empty lot next door and you get this:



Come January....I think that I have found a new home for my yarn balls!!

4 comments:

foreverdecorating said...

Too cute and love the price. Terry

Rust-Oleum said...

Nicole, this project turned out so well! Great job and thank you so much for using Rust-Oleum to transform your fruit stand. We just featured your project over on our PaintIdeas Facebook page. Happy Holidays!

- Rust-Oleum Scott

Jill Frack said...

This is awesome! Very Classy and Looks Expensive =)

Congrats on being published on Rust-Oleum's site!!!!

Anonymous said...

This turned out great--love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...