December 25, 2010

Picture Panic....

So this year we took our own Christmas pictures with our new camera and I went to Goodwill to purchase frames.....because I am saving money!

Now before you look under at the picture you need to know that I even asked the salesperson for a tape measure to ensure that I purchased the right sizes of frames.....well....


.....not quite fitting....

It's Christmas afternoon and we are to be leaving soon and this was to be a gift....

At first I thought about gifting an old picture frame of mine, but the layers of dust might be a giveaway to it's true age!  But then I saw the matte in it and got an idea....


What if I aged the matte with some glaze???  Hmm.....not there yet... and still not big enough....

What about some burlap??  I still had a tiny scrap leftover from my fall decor...



Yes....I'll be sure to finish scraping off my Goodwill sticker before I wrap it!


Getting closer.....


I started digging through my craft drawer and found some brown ribbon....



I about burned off my thumb with the glue gun doing this, but I was getting closer.....


Still a little plain and I still needed to dress up the frame.....so I dug some more and found a scrap of brown fabric....



What if I made a twisted fabric flower???


*Sigh*......Crisis averted.....all at ZERO cost!!!



...now to go and borrow some wrapping paper since I ran out at 11pm on Christmas Eve......

**By the way....the frame was a very ugly brown to begin with.....I brush painted it with a semi-gloss ivory/white paint and rubbed a rag with glaze over it to get the "old" look....



3 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love it.

kbm said...

Oh my goodness, LOVE it! It's so much cuter then if it had just fit in the first place ;)

roaa mohamed said...

وهي خدمة خاصة تقدمها مؤسسة مسكنك لمن يرغب بها وهذا حتى لا يتم التعدي على خصوصية الأشخاص، يتم استعمال فيها أكياس الفقاقيع لحماية وحفظ الأشياء الزجاجية من الكسر، أو القابلة للكسر، يتم استعمال الفلين داخل الكرتون في تغليف جميع الأجهزة الكهربائية، يتم استعمال الإسفنج لحفظ الأشياء من الضرر أو الكسر، يتم استعمال كرتون غير مشابه المقاسات، وأيضا أفضل الأشرطة اللاصقة، وايضاً يتم استعمال الأكياس البلاستكية هائلة المقاس، والتغليف باستعمال البطانيات، وغيرها من خامات ومواد التغليف.
شركه نقل عفش من الرياض الى الجبيل
شركه نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الجبيل
شركه نقل عفش

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...