December 3, 2010

Dollar Tree Advent Wreath

I grew up Presbyterian, so Advent was a HUGE part of our Christmas.  We couldn't even open our Christmas presents on Christmas morning until we lit the center candle!

I've always wanted to bring the Advent tradition into our family....but have you seen the cost of Advent wreaths???  Every year I say that I am just going to suck-it-up and buy one and every year I just can't put down the cash.....

One year, my husband made one.....he took nails and pounded them through taper candles and a board....it was lovely.....(kidding!)  Actually, the candles bent in every direction, but I really appreciated his effort.

Well...tonight, when he walked through the door with some more taper candles and a desire to "make" an advent wreath.....I RAN to The Dollar Tree!

And this is what I made.........


I'll tell you how tomorrow!

1 comment:

Frank Hudson said...

The importance of Advent traditions in celebrating Christmas is something I absolutely understand and support. In our family celebrations, I have always hoped to bring in the Advent wreath but lack of money has been a stumbling block. Wow! Your Dollar Tree idea is amazing! It is not only pocket-friendly but also gives it a personal touch. Thank you for this creative idea; now we can embark on our Advent journey without going broke. By the way, you are very resourceful considering time of year. Moreover, it's great to find out how to enjoy the season and save money through an AWOL Vision Coupon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...