December 25, 2010

Picture Panic....

So this year we took our own Christmas pictures with our new camera and I went to Goodwill to purchase frames.....because I am saving money!

Now before you look under at the picture you need to know that I even asked the salesperson for a tape measure to ensure that I purchased the right sizes of frames.....well....


.....not quite fitting....

It's Christmas afternoon and we are to be leaving soon and this was to be a gift....

At first I thought about gifting an old picture frame of mine, but the layers of dust might be a giveaway to it's true age!  But then I saw the matte in it and got an idea....


What if I aged the matte with some glaze???  Hmm.....not there yet... and still not big enough....

What about some burlap??  I still had a tiny scrap leftover from my fall decor...



Yes....I'll be sure to finish scraping off my Goodwill sticker before I wrap it!


Getting closer.....


I started digging through my craft drawer and found some brown ribbon....



I about burned off my thumb with the glue gun doing this, but I was getting closer.....


Still a little plain and I still needed to dress up the frame.....so I dug some more and found a scrap of brown fabric....



What if I made a twisted fabric flower???


*Sigh*......Crisis averted.....all at ZERO cost!!!



...now to go and borrow some wrapping paper since I ran out at 11pm on Christmas Eve......

**By the way....the frame was a very ugly brown to begin with.....I brush painted it with a semi-gloss ivory/white paint and rubbed a rag with glaze over it to get the "old" look....



2 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love it.

kbm said...

Oh my goodness, LOVE it! It's so much cuter then if it had just fit in the first place ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...