December 9, 2010

Grandma gift idea

My friend, Kristi...(yes, I have a lot of friends named Kristi!).....came up with the idea to put her children's artwork on a set of coaster. 



Aren't they adorable!!!  I am going to make a set!!

Here are my instructions for how to make the coasters.  Below is how Kristi explains to put their artwork on them....

"I had them draw them on a square piece of paper (8.5 x 8.5) and then scanned them and reduced them to 4x4. When I printed them from Picasa they came out with the blue border and I liked out so I didn't cut it away lol!  I could have mounted them on something, but decided not to."

(Now I just need to ask her what Picasa is!!)

1 comment:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Cute. Much better than putting art on the fridge! (Picasa is a fabulous, free, online photo editing program.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...