March 19, 2012

Easter Decorating: Tiered Rack

 

Here's my second "installment" of inexpensive Easter table decor.

I went to my local Goodwill and grabbed an assortment of dishes.  These
may have cost me a grand total of $3.00.


The poor man at my local True Value as I tried decided on a paint color....I
went back and forth on the color until I drove him crazy and picked
this color by Rustoleum....Strawflower.



I gave my dishes several light coats.  I didn't want it to bubble or run.




I already had glass candlesticks from The Dollar Tree, so I 
glued everything together with Gorilla Glue...love that stuff!


I wanted to grow wheat grass, but my local True Value didn't have the type that I've seen referenced elsewhere, so I had to grab this...


......FIVE pounds of spring oats.  Here's a snippet of the conversation 
that ensued on the car ride home.


Son #2:  Hey, don't we we eat "Toasted Oats" for breakfast?
(that would be the generic version of Cheerios!)

Daughter:  Yes....do you think that this is where Cheerios come from?

Son #2:  What if we would grow a whole section of this in our backyard
then we could make our own Cheerios??

Daughter:  Mom...can we grow our own Cheerios from now on?



Anyway.....grab some oats, soak them for at least a day to soften the
seed coat.  Layer them on the dirt and put a light covering of 
dirt over the seeds and  wait....



Before you know it, you will need to start trimming your wheat (oat!) grass!



You still have plenty of time to grow some wheat grass for Easter!

 


7 comments:

Brenda said...

Great idea, I can think of many uses for a tiered stand (non-food, of course), and I absolutely love that paint color!!!

laxsupermom said...

What a pretty centerpiece! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Mandy said...

Too cute! I love it!!!!

Paint Colors said...

Just think you could add cooked colored eggs to this or chocolates in the pretty Easter foil. How cute would that be on the Easter buffet table?

The Tablescaper said...

This is fantastic idea!!!!! And you made it even better by buying your plates at a thrift shop. Love this! I'd love to have you link to Seasonal Sundays this Sunday.

- The Tablescaper

Jaimee @ Havenwood House of Boys said...

This is so charming!! I really love it. I need to get me some gorilla glue and start thrifting misc. dishes! I pinned this to my Spring/Easter board - love it : )

Brain Eve said...

For the materials management business, a rack is an essential component. In Fullerton, I have a catering company where I still have to move and store loads of pans nearly every day. To store pans quickly, I use a hotel pan rack. I bought this rack from ELA Enterprises, LLC. I'm pleased with the consistency of their racks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...