March 8, 2012

Shamrock Floats


As I've mentioned before, St. Patrick's Day ranks up there next to Christmas for my hubby,
so I try to think of fun "green" food for the holiday.

When I made these ice cream floats for Valentine's Day, I knew from their
success that a St. Patrick's Day version would be in the future!  So here it is...


You will need:
green sherbet
ginger ale
whipped topping
sprinkles
mint jelly candy


Take your green mint candy and smush it between wax paper with a rolling pin.
(I also used my fingers!)



Cut out your hearts with kitchen shears to form a shamrock.



Because ginger ale is on the yellow side, I decided to add blue food coloring
first to get to the color green.  I then added yellow until I got my desired color.


Add a little whipped cream, some sprinkles and your shamrock and you've
 got an easy St. Patrick's Day treat!



If you are looking for other St. Patrick's Day ideas, check out my Pinterest Board!


Oh....and you'll have to look at your shamrock really quickly because 
it will sink to the bottom before you know it!



8 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

Yum...sounds tasty:)

Lil Mama Stuart said...

great idea with the gummy shamrock!

Shauna Scott said...

Hi Nicole. This looks so tasty! I wanted to let you know that I featured your shake on my blog today on preparing for St Pattys Day. I linked your sight on their as well.

Amy Fredrikson said...

The perfect drink for tomorrow!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

They look so yummy Nicole! The presentation is perfect! Angie xo

Ami Allison said...

OH YUM!!! I'll have to try this tomorrow!! I had to come meet you...your the 1st link up on TT&J!! How'd you pull that off!! LOL :)

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

These sound yummy, Nicole! They would even be worth the green tongue that would go along with it! Your candy shamrocks are so cute :)

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yumm! Those sound SO good and they look so festive too! If you have a minute, I'd do a happy dance if you linked this to my party, going on now through Wednesday!

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-19-and-some-fabulous.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...