March 13, 2012

My weekend at IKEA....


I posted on Saturday that we were taking a "family" trip to IKEA....
many of you responded back..."You're taking your family?!?"

In my mind, I had warm fuzzy thoughts of us harmoniously walking through IKEA...
randomly pointing out a cool and exciting idea...


Mom:  Son...what do you think about that for your room?

Son:  Mom!  I just LOVE it!  You're the best Mom in the whole world!

Husband:  Honey, thanks for all you do to make our home a welcome and
inviting place ALL while saving money...
(stage direction:  family hugs in the kitchenware section)


Okay....would you like the REAL dialog from Saturday???


Me:  Honey, I think that is our exit to get to IKEA.

Hubby:  No, I want to take the other exit for 476.

Me:  Can I see the turnpike toll ticket?  I don't think that there is another exit
for 476. (said as we are passing the exit!)

Hubby:  I want the "BlahBlahBlah" exit.

Me (slightly panicked):  That was the "BlahBlahBlah" exit.

Hubby:  No I want the exit that goes up and around not down and you come up.

Me:  HUH?!  (I am highly annoyed at this point as we are starting to see 
signs for New Jersey!!!)  What is the name of the exit that you are looking for
so that I can check on the ticket and see where we need to go!

Hubby:  Why are you yelling at me?  We needed the "BlahBlahBlah" exit.

Me  (yes, I was yelling at this point!):  WE JUST PASSED THE "BLAHBLAHBLAH" exit!!!
{In the end, we were both right, but it would be too exhausting to try and explain!}

25 extra miles and 3 exhausted and grouchy kids later....we arrived!!!


All I have to say is that it's a good thing that IKEA sells $.99 sodas with
free refills....that saved the afternoon!



I can't wait to show you the changes that I am making with my IKEA purchases!

 

10 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

I love it. I'm pretty sure I have had that exact same conversation with my husband. Can't wait to see how the trip went!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

I can't believe people drive so far to go to IKEA! But there's 2 in Chicagoland ;)

Bliss said...

LOL!!!!!!!!

I ended up alone on my IKEA visit. Husband had to look at a job so I said just drop me off. Place was almost empty too. I left only spending $49.

~Bliss~

Leeann said...

::laughing:: it's exit 18B and even when you get there you have to jump through hoops! I've been working at an offsite IKEA office for 7 years but the store still fascinates me. I still have fun getting lost there :)

Leeann said...

::laughing:: it's exit 18B and even when you get there you have to jump through hoops! I've been working at an offsite IKEA office for 7 years but the store still fascinates me. I still have fun getting lost there :)

Sugarr2518 said...

IKEA is such an awesome store!!! I love it and I wish ours was closer too! There is soo much inspiration there:)

Unknown said...

I just moved near an IKEA a year ago and I don't know what I did before that!! It's nice that I have a boyfriend who enjoys IKEA as much as I do... otherwise I'd need to find a new boyfriend! :) I can't wait to see what you did!

Unknown said...

I just moved near an IKEA a year ago and I don't know what I did before that!! It's nice that I have a boyfriend who enjoys IKEA as much as I do... otherwise I'd need to find a new boyfriend! :) I can't wait to see what you did!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't wait to see what you bought, love Ikea but ours is about 40 miles away and you do have to jump thur hoops to get there!

Meghan Carver said...

I love your dialogue -- so true for us as well! I've heard so much about IKEA but have never been, so I'm anxious to see how everything turns out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...