March 4, 2012

Simple Spring Wreath



For the past few years (like seven!), I've hung the same wreath on my door...
it's a gorgeous wreath...forsythia branches twisted into a circle, but this
year I was ready for a little change...

The problem....I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money...

I tried a lot of variations until I ended up with this.....


I had the felt already on hand and followed THIS tutorial to make the flowers.

I also had the fabric and just cut strips and wrapped and glued
it to the wreath form which is the only thing I bought....and I used my 40% off coupon!



This wreath has morphed a few times.  I started with this...


...but I decided that was a little too busy.

If you like that idea, all I did was go into my word processing program,
print out the letters, and cut the triangle shape around it.




So it's one wreath....two different ideas...


17 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

So fresh and cute as HECK! Love it. With and without the little banner. The colors are so happy =)

Shannon Fox said...

So fresh and cute as HECK! Love it. With and without the little banner. The colors are so happy =)

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Okay -- here we go! Couldn't post there for a while -- love the colors of the fabric on this sweet wreath! You made me remember that after Valentine's Day . . . I never put anything back up on the front door! Off to see what I can find :)

Karen said...

cute! I love the yellow and green together!! Looks fabulous:)

Simply Tasheena said...

This is too cute. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party on Tuesday via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

g*rated said...

This is so cute! We would love to have you link this up to our party! http://griffithsrated.blogspot.com/2012/03/sunday-best-fashion-crafts.html

-chelz
griffithsrated.blogspot.com

Heather Rae said...

What a gorgeous, cheerful wreath! I would love for you to link up with Make-It-Yourself Monday at my blog, An Original Belle. Each Monday three links get featured! Thanks! I hope to see you there!

http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/03/make-it-yourself-monday-18-link-up.html

JNW1016 said...

I love your flowers! I've been dying to try them since I found a tutorial. You've made me want to get started!!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your spring wreath is so sweet! Love the flowers and the pretty fabric you chose.

Johnnie said...

Sooooo cute Nikki!!

Michaela said...

Very cute! The fabric is super fun. Such a cheery wreath!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nikki, This is such a sweet spring wreath! Just linked to your tutorial from our Facebook page @StyroCrafts. Thank you for creating with STYROFOAM Brand Foam. Sharon

Proverbs 22:6 Academy said...

Very 'springy' wreath. Love the cute felt flowers. Thanks for the inspiration and sharing.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Another beautiful project from you! I love the fabric...it looks vintage...so pretty! Angie xo

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is fantastic. Great fabric choice. I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

Unknown said...

This wreath is absolutely gorgeous. The fabric is fabulous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...