February 16, 2012

Ice Cream Floats

Our Valentine's Day was a great success...



I have no idea how Bloggers post their holiday pictures before the actual holiday...
Do they stage the holiday a month before??? Post last year's pictures??
Tell me...how do you all do it??

I'm lucky to get pictures loaded on the computer, edited and in a post 2 days after the holiday!

I wanted to share these ice cream floats that we made because I think that they would be 
WONDERFUL for St. Patrick's Day with just a little bit 'o tweaking!

I waited until....oh, Valentine's DAY to actually prepare.......it's been a busy month!
As I was driving to the Goodwill, I was just asking God..."Could there please be something
that resembles ice cream float cups at the Goodwill??"
I had seen THIS idea and wanted to try it!

Now there was a reason that I wanted to make this day "extra special!"  We had
our dear friends and neighbors with us...well, 2 of their kids.
The rest of the family spent the night at the hospital...again....the 2nd time in a week...
the kids were worried about little sister and I wanted to make the keep their minds
off of missing Mom and Dad...so I prayed!

And God answered my prayer!!


There were 10 ice cream float cups on the top shelf at the Goodwill!!!
I really felt that was a blessing from God that day!



We decorated our floats with pink....but I can also see green shamrocks
green sherbetGinger Ale and green sprinkles working for St. Patrick's Day!!



We added the sherbet, poured Cranberry Ginger Ale over them, added
whipped cream and Valentine heart sprinkles....



The best part.......the smiles!



Hope you all had a "love"ly day, too!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

You made a wonderful memory for my children, one that they are still talking about! Thank you!!

Margo said...

Such a sweet idea!

Bliss said...

Smiles are excellent, and now you have enough glasses for a float party any time!

~Bliss~

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Hi Nicole! What a sweet treat for the kids! (and what a miracle that Goodwill had all of those sundae glasses!)

Thanks so much for stopping by and following through Linky Followers. I'm here, happily following back! (from both of my blogs)

Have a truly blessed day!

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Hi Nicole, Thanks for following me on Linky Follower I am already following you. :-)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I'll take one of these - they look so fun and refreshing. What a great idea and the glasses are perfect too.

Johnnie said...

Precious!! I love when God answers our plea on a Goodwill shelf. He knows us so well :)

Cassidy said...

Oh wow those look sooo good and very cute!Enjoying your blog. Now following you via linky followers. Would love for you to stop and and check out my blog :)

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...