May 21, 2012

Cranberry-Apple Spinach Salad


We celebrated Mother's Day a week late with my Mom and I wanted to make a
special salad to go with her meal.  My friend, Cheryl, makes the best food and this
salad is one of her recipes.

It is SO good!


You will need the following ingredients....


I love these types of recipes....no measuring involved for the salad part!!

To make the sugared walnuts:

Beat 1 egg white until stiff
Add 1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

Fold in:
3 cups nuts 

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and melt 1/4 cup butter in the pan.
Add your nuts and stir.

Bake for 30 minutes and stir every 10 minutes.

Cool and store in an airtight container.




To make the homemade dressing:

In a blender or food processor, mix:
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 cup vinegar
2/3 cup sugar

With the blender still running, slowly add 1 cup of oil.
Blend until thickened.


You can add the dressing directly to the salad or serve it on the side.  Either
way the result is amazing!



Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!



4 comments:

Lil Mama Stuart said...

sounds delicious!

Bliss said...

Yumm. I throw craisins or cranberries in all my salads, love the taste they give.

~Bliss~

Maria said...

Mmm this salad looks delicious! I always try to come up with new salad ideas so I don't get bored of eating healthy! This looks great!!!

Unknown said...

one of my favorites

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...