May 12, 2012

Rosemary Ranch Chicken for the Grill


Last summer, when chicken went on sale, I stocked up and did my own mini-version of freezer meals.  I marinated the chicken tenders, threw them into reusable bags and froze them.



My hands-down favorite was this ranch chicken recipe by my friend Cheryl.

Rosemary Ranch Chicken

1 1/2 .b chicken tenders
Marinade:
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. ranch dressing
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. minced fresh rosemary
2 t. salt
1 t. lemon juice
1 t. white vinegar
1/4 t. black pepper
1 T. sugar
*Marinate chicken over night (or freeze until ready to use, thaw) and gill.




 It is just yummy goodness!!!



As a side dish, you can try another one of Cheryl's recipes....sesame green beans!



Happy Mother's Day!


7 comments:

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

This sounds yummy, Nicole! We love barbeque recipes that incorporate rosemary so this will be one to try out for sure.

We're having chicken for dinner tonight . . . too bad this needs to marinate for a while!

Good Time Charlie said...

What a great recipe. I used to do something similar when my kids were younger, I forgot all about this trick! Perfect for this summer. Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

that chicken looks delicious

visiting from tt&j

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Yum! That looks good...perfect for summer grilling. I'd love it if you would consider sharing it with our Summer Recipes linky party. We're two blogs sharing one combined linky party for double exposure.

Shasta
http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/2012/05/summer-recipes-and-all-stars-linky.html

Patti said...

I had bought one of those big flats of chicken tenders from Sam's and on impulse, gave the ranch recipe a try with half of the flat. They were a big hit with my family, so I just now mixed up another batch of the marinade for the rest of the flat and put it all in the freezer. I had been thinking: wow, i could cut the amount of marinade in half!
THEN, I looked at your picture. Mine are in a creamy sauce and look NOTHING like yours! Hmmm, I am wondering if you used ranch dressing MIX rather than ranch dressing as the recipe states? Oh well, I hope it freezes well, because it is too late now!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Patti, I probably was stretching the ranch dressing and didn't add as much. My hubby also doesn't like the extra fat, so I probably thinned it. I definitely used ranch dressing and not the mix. It will taste great! :)

Patti said...

Oh that is a relief, thanks! Mine look like chicken alfredo in the bag! But they tasted great! I tend to be recipe challenged, so I like these easy ones :)
thanks again - I enjoy your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...