May 9, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #59

So for weeks it didn't rain and we were actually under a strict burn ban because of
the low humidity and high winds...now it just keeps raining....and raining..and raining!

My seeds that I started are desperate to live outside and my children who are just about finished with their homeschool year are driving me a
little....bit....BATTY!!!!! because they have been stuck indoors!

So what do I do??.....browse through your projects dreaming of the day when it will be sunny and warm and I can play outside again!  My first place to work on is my front porch!

I especially like what Taryn at Design, Dining, and Diapers did with her front porch.....simple and pretty!



A little something in the meantime shared how she took rainboots, buckets and planters to create a cute arrangement for her front porch.




I am also dreaming of chickens.  I even had hubby on board with the idea, 
but we're not allowed to have them because of zoning....bummer because
Sunny Simple life shows us how to make an inexpensive coop out of an old cabinet!



2 Crafty 4 My Skirt shared this potting bench from pallets and old 2 x 4's....honey, if you read my blog, I'd LOVE this for Mother's Day!!!



Frugal Adventures....you are BRILLIANT!!!  What an awesome idea for spray paint storage!!
(and you have quite the spraypaint stash!)



I just love crock pot recipes and Miss information shared this one for
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken....yum!




Finally, just in time for Memorial Day, Fancy Frugal Life shared her 4th of 
July trifle recipe...it looks easy and delicious!





Thank you to everyone for linking!
If you were featured this week, feel free to grab one of my buttons!



Here are some very simple suggestions for the party:
1. Please become a follower of Thrifty Decorating.
2. Be sure to link to your POST and not your blog.
3. Please copy and paste my link button somewhere in 
your post or blog so that others can link back.






You can also party with Johnnie 

18 comments:

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

Such colorful features! Thanks so much for hosting!

Fifi said...

Sorry for linking twice...you can delete #3 embroidering. It had the wrong link.

Thank you for hosting!

cherished bliss said...

Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...girl I totally understand about counting on nice weather this time of year...it's the reward for working super hard and finishing up early! Hope the sun starts shining real soon!!!

XO, Aimee

Unknown said...

Oh...and thanks for hosting! XO, Aimee

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Thank you so much for featuring my booTs, Nicole! You totally made my typo worthwhile ;)

Have a wonderful weekend and I will type carefully this time!

Claire :)

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Thanks so much for hosting. Love that potting bench!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

ANNE said...

I love those features - esp the boots!!! and then that dessert... I'm so hungry!!

Thanks for hosting, have a wonderful week!

Good Time Charlie said...

I would love to have chickens too, and I have an old cabinet! No go because of zoning here too. My friend keeps "illegal" chickens, and another friend actually has a big piece of land and sells me her eggs when the hens are laying. I guess I can't complain, but it would be nice to have my own.

Love the spray paint storage, that will free up a ton of space!

Going to get that crock pot recipe! I love my crock pot.

Thanks for the party. -K

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting a great party, I always love linking up here! Great features this week, I'm going to give that crock pot recipe a try for sure!
-Molly
www.justalittlecreativity.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Great features, love those rainboots!

Barbara @ Chase the Star

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Hi Nicole! I think this is my first time here. Thanks for hosting!

Alese said...

Thank you so much for featuring my Potting bench! Of course i read your blog! I am going to guess by your description of the weather that you don't live in Utah? but if I am wrong and you do, I would love to make one of these for you! If not then maybe just "accidentally" leave my tutorial up on your computer for your husband to find! lol

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh thank you so much for featuring my wonky little chicken coop. Thankfully the chickens don't seem to mind.

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Those boots are too cute! What a fun floral display. Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

I need to go find some rain boot quick! That is SO adorable! Thank you so much for hosting. I linked up two great Mother's Day projects this week. Have a wonderful day!
Liz - Love Grows Wild

Unknown said...

You just totally made my DAY! Thanks so much!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the pots with the rope! So neat! Thanks for hosting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...