May 1, 2012

Seed Starter Ideas


It has been so cold here to be thinking about seeds...but that's exactly when
you should start planting them indoors....I'm probably 3 weeks late...nothing new!

I originally saw this idea from Carolyn at Homework.  Her pots are SO cute!

I'm more of a burlap girl, so I wrapped my newspaper around a can of beans to 
get the shape and tied them with burlap and string taping the bottoms.



The goal is to make your supplies biodegradable because the pots go right into
the ground.....I can't promise that all my materials are, but I'm pretending they are!
{Please don't leave me mean comments if they aren't...I'll probably take all the 
"cute" stuff off before I put them in the ground!}



I was trying to go for cute with what I had on hand...so I just used a the font "old typewriter" and printed out paper labels.


Here's what I did last year for seed starters....it was also very successful.
I was just too lazy to dig up the baseball card holders!



Are you growing a garden?  I'm determined this year not to kill mine!

Green thumb, I am not!


5 comments:

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Cuteeee! I love both the newspaper pot idea and the baseball card holder for seed starters. Pinning :)

Beth said...

I did the baseball card holder idea. The seeds seemed to grow much faster than in a cup.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

LOL - I removed my first comment because I stupidly asked HOW to make the pots :) I need to read more carefully! This is such a great idea and your little labels are adorable! I just asked my hubby if we could get the garden turned over and ready this weekend . . .if the rain stops!

Small Garden Love said...

What a cute idea! Don't worry the newspaper is biodegradable and i'm pretty sure the burlap will break down too (if not you could always reuse it :) ) I love the the labels, too cute. I have a earth friendly seedling post for next fri and I will include this if you don't mind (linking back, of course).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...