May 14, 2012

Slowing Down....

I've been feeling the need recently to just S-L-O-W down...

It seems that each week my kids grow another inch....tackle a new task
and edge just a little bit older....

In the midst of all this, I am realizing even more that these moments are 
precious and few and will be gone in the blink of an eye...

It seems that only yesterday, I was measuring my son's life here under our
roof as "halfway" to eighteen....have almost 4 years slipped away since then?



This summer, I want to enjoy each and every moment with them....

I desire to have "free time".......



So what that means is that I'll be stepping away from frequent and regular posts here.
At this point, I still plan to host my weekly party....it's a chance to spotlight projects 
that may not get the exposure elsewhere....but, I am not tied to it.

As I continue to do projects here at home, I will share them with you....and
I will continue to do projects....that's just who I am!
But, instead of doing projects for you....I'll be doing projects for me...

Instead of worrying about taking perfectly staged pictures and rushing
to make sure there's a project (or two) to post a week, I'm going to live
life first and share projects...second.

I'll miss seeing you all on a "regular" basis, but I'd regret even more, my 
kiddo's seeing their mama on a regular basis...



So I'll be back occasionally....maybe even in a week or so because I've been 
inspired to FINISH MY DINING ROOM!!!

Yes...it's really happening and you've all patiently watched me paint....repaint...repaint...whine and complain...and paint!

I also have a few giveaways that I have sitting in my queue that I
still want to share with you!



But, if you see long breaks between posts, just know it's because.... 

I snuggled on the couch watching National Treasure instead of editing photos....
I was picking strawberries and planting beans with my daughter instead of editing posts....
I am sitting by the pool watching my boys perfect their dives instead of
trolling Pinterest for my next project idea....


....and you know what....it feels GREAT!






11 comments:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Good for you...enjoy every minute :) Laurel

Unknown said...

Good for you, Nikki! And you know what? I might be seeing you anyways... guess who has now decided he *might* be joining the team!?

Unknown said...

Enjoy this summer to the fullest! Be sure to peek in every so often and share something...even if it's just a note that says how adorable your kids are...don't be a complete stranger, okay!

XO, Aimee

Katie @ Creatively Living said...

Good for you! You'll never regret the time you spent with them....you'll regret the time you didn't spend.

--Katie
@ Creatively Living

Lil Mama Stuart said...

amen sista! In the grand scheme of things, our blogs don't matter as much as our families. ever. we put all this pressure on ourselves, when really we should put our attention on our babies :) enjoy the summer!

arti tyagi said...

very nice....

Amanda said...

Yes please do! Your family is so important and are only young once. :)

Amanda said...

Yes please do! Your family is so important and are only young once. :)

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Good for you...enjoy! They grow up just to fast!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I hear ya girl - enjoy your break and the summer. Too many fun moments you don't want to pass up.

April said...

Good for you! I look forward to seeing your "you" projects!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...