May 16, 2012

Thrifty Thursday #60

Oh my gracious.....life has been a little c-razy!!  Why do I feel like I
say that every week???


About a week or so ago, my hubby had to officiate a wedding in the Pocono Mountains.
An hour before we were to leave, we realized that his car had been broken into the night before.
All that had been taken was....our garage door opener.  They passed over the checkbook, 
gift cards, a passport and some loose change to grab access into our home....lovely!


We resolved that....changed codes, locked down our house only to realize Tuesday
night that at some point over that same weekend, my hubby got bit by a tick...
and not just your average, ordinary tick...it had to be one carrying Lyme's Disease.

And that tick couldn't just bite him and be done with it, but had to cause a serious infection
in his skin.  So....hubby is currently in the hospital getting dosed up with
IV antibiotics and I am on "worry" duty!

Joking.....I am on prayer duty....I've been just praying that God would give me peace of mind
and peace of heart and He has....with only a few moments of panic-striken anxiety!

Needless to say....I haven't had a whole lot of time to look through your projects from last week, so this week's features are going to be on the slim side!


The Hell on Heels Housewife made these awesome chevron window boxes 
out of yard stakes. Aren't they beautiful?!



Cookin' Up Good Times shared these sinfully good chocolate cupcakes...yum!
Your pictures make me want to lick the spoon!!



Cherished Bliss made these mason jar party cups using ribbon and lace....
I'd love to sip some pink lemonade in these cups!



Saving 4 Six painted her Grandma's hope chest and recovered the top....I always
love to see the transformation that paint can make!



Finally, Design Dreams by Anne painted an old children's wardrobe and 
transformed it into her kitchen pantry.....love the aqua!



Thank you to everyone for linking!
If you were featured this week, feel free to grab one of my buttons!



Here are some very simple suggestions for the party:
1. Please become a follower of Thrifty Decorating.
2. Be sure to link to your POST and not your blog.
3. Please copy and paste my link button somewhere in 
your post or blog so that others can link back.






You can also party with Johnnie 

25 comments:

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

hang in there!!

ANNE said...

Thanks so much for the feature! So sorry for all your troubles right now, don't worry! Everything will be perfectly alright. xox

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting Sweet Friend!!! I'll say a prayer, too! Get better hubby! Hope the rest of the week is chilled!!! XO, Aimee

Sarah said...

Hope your hubby is better & out of the hospital soon! Sending thoughts & prayers for your family!

Unknown said...

Prayers for your hubs!!! Thank you for hosting, you are a trooper! Hang in there!
Barbara @ Chase the Star

cherished bliss said...

Thanks so much for the feature!!

Bliss said...

Sitting here thinking about that one in a million tick! And that the garage opener thief must not own his own garage or he would know you can change the code. Or maybe he does have a garage and lost his own remote?

~Bliss~

brady Girls said...

Hang in there, girl! Thanks featuring our Sinfully Good Chocolate Cupcakes! We love coming to party with you each week too. Thanks for hosting :)

Marty Walden said...

So sorry about the tick and the break-in. sometimes it's so hard to understand why things happen and we just have to accept God is in control! Good for you for realizing this!

Kelly @ Here Comes the Sun said...

Thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

My goodness, you've had a long week! I hope everything settles down and your hubby gets better soon! Thanks for hosting!
Liz - Love Grows Wild

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

I thought I was having a crazy week?! Prayers to your husband, I am sure everything will be just fine-try to hang in there.

xxx Kim

P.S. Love the Poconos! I went to East Stroudsburg University for my undergrad!

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

Prayers for peace, healing and justice! You did have a hard week indeed!

Good Time Charlie said...

Oh Nicole! I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Lots of prayers sent your way from here. That is not something taken lightly.

Maybe it was good you decided to slow down, because now you will need to shift focus a bit. I think it is amazing sometimes how we are "prepared" for changes that are coming, before we even know it. I am sure your husband will have this out of his system and under control in no time, but how scary! Hope your weekend gets better. -K

Jennifer said...

I don't want to worry you, but Lyme Disease can be a very serious illness. Deer Ticks can also carry several other diseases too. Hopefully the immediate IV antibiotics for your husband will help prevent future complications.

I have Lyme, Bartonella and Babesia. Praying for your hubby. Take care.

If you haven't yet, watch the documentary called Under Our Skin. It can be found on HULU, and it tells the tale of tick borne illnesses.

Katie @ Quality Cheap Home said...

Wow! As if going out of town isn't stressful enough. Hope things have settled down. Thanks for hosting!

The Hell on Heels Housewife said...

Hi Nicole! I will be praying that everything for your family turns around. Thank you so much for featuring my window boxes this week...it is such an honor! Take care!

Maggie
www.thehellonheelshousewife.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear how crummy things have been, I'm praying for a quick recovery for your husband and peace of mind, wisdom, and extra strength for you!
Thanks for hosting the party this week anyway, I think we'd have all understood if you needed to take a week off :)
Keep us posted on how things are going!
-Molly
www.justalittlecreativity.com

the Sweetest Memory said...

Sending you good thoughts! Thank you for hosting this party!

Kari

Alison Agnew said...

so sorry to hear
about all you dramas going on

glad you discovered
the garage opener in time
to fix that
and keep your home safe

hope your hubs
is all healed up
and home soon

alison

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting,
It never rains but it pours
and then the sun comes out once
again -
XXX

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! That is not just your orginary c-razy for sure. Thanks for hosting and hang in there :)

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Oh my goodness, that's scary! Hope everything is uphill from here!

janet said...

Great party thanks for hosting.

Amy said...

Thanks for hosting. Such great features!!

Amy {aprons & ambition}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...