I am so excited now that the pieces of my dining room are starting to fall into place.
I originally purchased the chairs from the Habitat
Restore....remember what they looked like?
They were a lovely shade of.....BROWN!!
For their new look, I was inspired my THIS pin from my dining room pinterest board. I used homemade chalkpaint that I had on-hand, leftover dropcloth from my slipcovering projects and leftover gray paint from our basement remodel.
.....a whole new look!
I decided to make each chair seat a different "grain sack."
I used a foam brush, painter's tape and gray latex paint. I wasn't overly concerned
about perfection. In reality, these are dining room chairs....there
will be spillage, it's just a fact of my life!
Using materials that I had on-hand, the cost of this project was.....FREE!
All the materials that I used were leftover from other projects!
Total Project Cost: $60/cost of 6 chairs
One more project check off my list....only a thousand more to go!