June 25, 2011

Blueberry Muffins...

Blueberry season has arrived in Eastern Pennsylvania.....I didn't know there was such a thing until I moved here.  Stores literally post on their doors..."Blueberries are HERE!"




We love blueberries.....we eat them like candy, so I decided to take the plunge and purchase 20 pounds of them....yes, that's correct...20 POUNDS!  People buy them in bulk here!  I only paid $34.00, so in the long run, it's way cheaper than buying quarts every week!


My plan is to take the majority of these blueberries and HIDE them in my freezer so that we can have some in the winter, but first I had to go to my stand-by muffin recipe!




This recipe was given to me by a Wisconsin friend named, Karen, and it's originally for Cranberry muffins....but I substitute any small, round fruit in the recipe!


Start by creaming 1 1/4 cups sugar with 1/4 cup of softened butter.




Add 2 eggs, beating after each one.



In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients.....and I actually did do this in a separate bowl...usually I'm too lazy!

Add 2 cups of flour....




2 tsp. of baking power 




1/4 tsp. salt



Add the dry ingredients to your creamed sugar mixture by alternating some of the flour mixture and then 1/2 cup milk.



You can then add-in 1/2 cup walnuts and 2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit.  



I've used both cranberries and blueberries and each time the muffins turn out wonderfully!



Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.




Yum!!  I love this recipe because it's quick and easy!



Recipe:
1 1/4 cup sugar             1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 butter softened        1/2 cup milk
2 eggs                         1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 tsp. baking powder      2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries



Happy Baking!






4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooohh, nothing like blueberry muffins for breakfast. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

Oh, YUMMY! I am your newest follower. I missed your linky party this week but I will definately be back next week and look forward to your posts! I would love it if you stopped by my blog and became my newest follower!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is beautiful! Great shots and it looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing such a lovely recipe:)
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Just Jaime said...

Pretty pictures of a yummy treat! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...