June 19, 2011

Traditions.....





Our summer vacation has become a type of mile-marker....a line drawn across the time of our family.


When we first started visiting the Atlantic Ocean as a family, my daughter would sit on the shore and eat sand.....by the handfuls!  


This summer her long legs leaped and jumped over the waves and my chest felt tight and my heart a little sad.....these moments are just passing so quickly!  






How is it that I'm looking my son in the eyes......and I'm wearing my other son's flip flops when I can't find mine??






I spent my week away from blogging creating cherished family memories....


....eating pizza at the BEST pizza place ever!





.....taking my first ever ride on a jet ski!  




It was a dare by my boys....they never thought that their Mom would ride a jet ski!


I didn't come near to their top speed of 49 miles per hour....28 mph was plenty fast for me!


....spending time with special friends....




....continuing family traditions....



Each year, we write a note to ourselves and hide it somewhere under the boardwalk....we love to come back the following year to find it and read what we had written to ourselves!


How are you creating family traditions this summer?

5 comments:

Alison Agnew said...

looks like a fun family vacation...i love the beach and yes...my eldest is now nearly eye-to-eye as well...sigh...and will probably be looking down on me by christmas...thanks for sharing!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks fun. Glad you were able to take a break and spend time together as a family. I love family vacations. Way to be brave and try the jet ski - awesome. It's just too bad these vacations go by so fast.

Kristi Slattery said...

Beautiful post, Nikki!

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

I love it! You're such a great example of motherhood done right!

Nancy said...

Wonderful! I looked again through the photo album you gave us when we moved. Thanks again for the opportunity to see the East Coast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...