November 8, 2011

Camping Birthday Cake. . .


My son recently went to a birthday party....it was a camping out party.  It was too cold to camp out, so they camped in and the birthday cake was displayed on the table.  I couldn't resist grabbing my camera and taking a couple shots!






Isn't it just adorable!!



I tried making a campfire for my son's birthday....wasn't nearly this cute!!  She used jelly beans for the fire ring, thin pretzels for the sticks and mini marshmallows!




And the trees.....they are ice cream cones upside-down on pretzel rods!!



Graham crackers make the tents and decorated M&M's resemble lightening and lady bugs!




My son's favorite part.....the party favors....they made marshmallow shooters out of PVC pipe! 


HERE's a link to a set of instructions on Instructables for how to make your own!


I'm a such big fan of "homemade" birthdays!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is SO cute.

Lil Mama Stuart said...

what clever details!

Unknown said...

you did a wonderful job! I bet the kids loved it and had a blast!

Lori said...

I just love the campfire! Very cute!

Trisha said...

Cute Ideas. I was looking for a cake without using fondant. Thanks for posting.

Zion said...

I found the cake on pinterest and I am so excited to try and make one for my son's party this weekend. Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. alabama crimson tide birthday cakes

Unknown said...

Not fondant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...