Well.....I am just not totally pleased with this project....I tried making my own chalk paint and I'm not quite sure that I did it correctly....
I started with this stand.....it has drawers, I was just too lazy to put them in for the picture!
Her older "sister" was this junked dresser......
Yep....big sis is a lot cuter.....biggest reason for this....I took my time with the dresser and did a lot of sanding!
I also did some guessing with my homemade chalkpaint recipe...since I had never seen chalkpaint prior to this, I wasn't confident as to what the consistency should be.
I couldn't find calcium carbonate anywhere, so I went with plaster of paris. Here is a link to another chalkpaint recipe from Too Much Time on my Hands. When I try this again, I am going to use Kim's recipe!
I don't think that chalkpaint is supposed to leave such a streaky first coat....
I am thinking that I may try this again.....I'm probably going to sand down the top and try staining it like I did with the dresser and paint over the distressing.
I'm going to add glass knobs and finish the inside of the drawers with some mod podge over the fabric.