November 13, 2011

Can it be done???

As you all know....we've been remodeling our basement since it was flooded in September.  I absolutely LOVE the way it looks.....so much that I decided to move our school room down there.


Until this point, we've been doing "school" in our former dining room.  When we committed to homeschooling our children, we decided that we needed a room that was devoted entirely to doing school.  I'm just not a grab the books and sit at the kitchen table kind of a person.  As a former teacher, I'm just too rigid for that....I like the idea of "desks!"


I just have to first say....I love my husband!  He puts up with my constant rearranging and re-thinking....so, when I suggested this latest move, he knew I wouldn't rest until I was "nested" in the basement!  


I came home Friday to find that he had moved ALL of our classroom!! (insert giddy squeal!)


Doesn't it look fabulous?? 

The other corner is starting to come along,too!


My other motivation for the change is that I am hosting Thanksgiving....I've not hosted Thanksgiving since.......well, since we started homeschooling because it's hard to host a dinner when you only have a table that seats 6!

So I am determined to turn this.....



....into a dining room by Thanksgiving and I only have a budget of....well, about $20 to do it!  


I have a plan....new wall color, new hutch, artwork....whew!


Can it be done??......watch and see!  I really don't know if it can! LOL





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, and we can't wait to see it! Love that you have a nice dedicated space to homeschool while freeing up the dining room just in time for Thanksgiving!

Alison Agnew said...

nikki
your basement space looks light, bright and lovely now
with the new colors and details

how fun is your school room?

and yes
you can get ready
and i can't wait to see what you do!

alison

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Your classroom looks great! Have fun with the dining room transformation :). Laurel

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Wow - the basement updates are amazing!! You guys have been working hard. Can't wait to see your dining room. Keep up the good work. Now, no more floods.

SonnetGal said...

You can do it!! Look at the list of "things" you have accomplished in your past. One of my favorite quotes is, "Past results predicts future performance." That is you in a nutshell!!
Blessings!
Kim

Carli-Made by Carli said...

Nicole your basement looks great, I've been working on my basement as well-but I'm not lucky enought to have big wiondows, so it's quite a challenge. I think your dining room will be great when it's completed!

Momagou said...

You can do it!!..Have faith. We have faith in you!!!

life just saying said...

I am a new follower of your blog. I love it! You really are thrifty and chic. I will be revisiting! Thanks for sharing and Happy belated one-year-blogging Anniversary!

Sandy Ang said...

Looks lovely. your husband is such a dear to do all that for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...