November 30, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #36

I missed you all last week when I took the week off from Thrifty Thursday.....we had a very busy week!


I hosted Thanksgiving in my half-finished, not-happy-with, not-going-to-see-an-"after"-photo for a while dining room...




We had a wonderful time!  We ended up having 5 last minute guests and were so excited to host our wonderful friends!  


Each year that I've hosted, I've had people share what they were thankful for.....this year, we wrote on the table runner.....




...except for the fact that I didn't really think through the problem of "food spillage" on the table runner.....everything went smoothly!


We also hosted my son's first ever sleepover for his 10th birthday....the hit of the party??


Yes....it's not a potato gun....it's a potato BAZOOKA!!  If I wind up in jail, you can thank my dad for this gift!


There were SO many wonderful projects linked up to Thrifty Thursday.....and if I didn't host Thanksgiving, my son's 10th birthday sleepover and the stomach flu, I would have featured a lot more on my FB page.....but sometimes, life just happens!


Here are some of the favorites......


Fearfully and Wonderfully Made spraypainted this Goodwill purchase!!  I love the contrasting color for the interior!  If cost her $8.00 and 3 hours of time!




Cedar Hill Ranch refurbished a chandelier using some spraypaint and votive holders!




Re-POSH-ture gave this dresser a gorgeous facelift in turquoise!



And for some Christmas inspiration....


Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom designed the c-utest wallhanging EVER!!  She calls it Santa in the Photobooth....so funny!






Cheap Crafty Mama did all the work for us and found her top 10 Advent Calendar Ideas....there are some great ideas!




More Style than Cash had these two thrifty Christmas projects....coal cookies that include the printable and recipe....










If you were featured this week, feel free to grab one of my buttons!



Here are some very simple suggestions for the party:

1. Please become a follower of Thrifty Decorating.
2. Be sure to link to your POST and not your blog.
3. Please copy and paste my link button somewhere in 
your post or blog so that others can link back.


After you've linked here, hop over and say "hi" 
to Johnnie at her Thrifty Thursday link party

ThriftyThurs SBLC Buttons


You can also head over to visit Erika 
her Thrifty Thursday!




8 comments:

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

LOVE your paper table runner...great idea :) All linked up, thanks for hosting! Laurel

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Woo hoo, thanks for the feature!! I posted a link to your blog on the ranch's Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Hill-Ranch/194162480629331#

Good Time Charlie said...

Potato gun!That is hilarious! Thank you for hosting, I made the ornaments and am putting a link back to you tomorrow. My daughter and I had so much fun, thanks!

Margo said...

Your "bazooka gun" made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for including my top 10 advent calendars!

Suzy Myers said...

Thanks so much for featuring my Santa wallhanging!!

suzy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting this linky party! I just subscribed to your blog on my google reader.

Alison Agnew said...

great features
especially the cabinet and advent ideas

sorry about the stomach flu
and the potato launcher

hope you're well insured!
(wink)

alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...