November 5, 2011

Friday afternoons. . . .



My home used to be a place where there would always be a Lego creation or battle set up in a corner somewhere.....not so much anymore...




Now I have these "crazies" hanging around in the corners of my house......




Yep....that's my son giving me his "I'm a rock-star-drummer" pose!





Friday afternoons have become "music central" at our home and truthfully, I love it, the pounding drums, strumming guitar....I love the noise in my house!


Early in our marriage....probably even before we had children....my husband and I decided to make our home a place where kids would want to hang out....


We knew that meant that as our kids got older, we would need to build, create, and imagine things to attract the friends of our children to our home....we needed to "create the noise" so to speak....


I deeply value time spent with my kids.  While I knew that once I got passed the "baby" stage...you know, the up-at-night-potty-training-puke-on-your-shirt phase......that time would move quicker.....I just had no idea how fast it would actually move!


So as we are rapidly approaching the teen years, I know that means stocking up on Doritos's, Oreo's and electric guitar amps......staying current with my itunes account.....and potentially buying a set of ear plugs!


It also means that I have a whole lot more of this lying around instead of slip-covered shabby chic chairs and burlap covered candles.....





How do you make your home a "kids hang-out"?


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Time devoted to family needs to be high on our priority lists. Once they hit the teen years time flies all too quickly!

Sharon O said...

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! We used to have the brother band on a daily basis in the house. Loved every minute of it. Now that the oldest band member decided to grow up and go to college, we don't hear it as often. I miss the drums and guitars so much! We do have a policy in the house: friends are always welcomed over for dinner. No reservation required. We never know how many plates to set, but just play it by ear. Make the most of every opportunity. Love the post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...