February 2, 2012

Aloha....

Not sure if any of you remember my 40th birthday disaster....
Hurricane Lee dumped over 12 inches of rain on our town in less than a day...
It resulted in a very flooded town and it happened to be on my birthday.

So, I gladly spent it bailing water out of our friend's basement and
checking our backyard to see just how high the water had risen!


The hard part was when water started pouring into OUR basement that night!
Yeah....I had a little weepy pity party!

But, my "glass is half full" hubby knew that months later we would
be stepping on a plane and heading to a very warm place.....to celebrate both
of our 40th birthdays and 15 blissful years of marriage....and continued
to remind me of that weekly!

I can't believe that the day is HERE and as you read this, I will be sitting
on a flight with my Kindle loaded with tons of free books from Amazon (thanks
to The Frugal Girls giving me a heads-up) and thinking happy thoughts...

Actually....I'm a terrible fly-er so I am probably gripping the seat and burying
my face in my hubby's arm!

At some point, I'll have to share his travel secrets.....he regularly finds us deals
to cruise for $300 a person or fly for $100.....this trip
to Hawaii is costing us probably half of what you think it is!


So...hopefully Blogger will cooperate and automatically publish my scheduled posts,
but don't expect to hear back from me.....

I'm going to be visiting this....


and hiking by this...



and lying on this....



Aloha!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So jealous!!!

Heidi said...

Have fun Nicole... you deserve it, and I know you'll have an amazing time!! Happy Anniversary & belated birthday! Enjoy those free e-books, too. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

{I'm trying not to be jealous, but I'm not sure it's working} ;)

Carol said...

Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time. Happy Birthdays and Anniversary!

Good Time Charlie said...

Hope you are having a fantastic time! Aloha!!!!

If you haven't already tried it, or if you have time, make the drive up the North Shore to Haleiwa. It is a gorgeous drive from Honolulu, once you get past the traffic. You have to try the Shave Ice at "Matsumotos". It is always full of tourists, but for really good reason!

Here is the link. http://www.matsumotoshaveice.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...