February 20, 2012

Beef Taquitos

Last week, I shared my recipe for "homemade" salsa.....you'll
need that recipe for these beef taquitos.


You can use ground turkey or ground beef.  I have only been using ground
turkey for the past couple of years and my family has been protesting, so
I made these with ground beef.

I made a "kid" version and an "adult" version.....the kid version had only
beef, a little bit of taco seasoning, and cheese.


The adult version had about 1-2 Tablespoons of salsa mixed with 
2-3 Tablespoons of cooked beef and then sprinkled with sharp cheddar cheese.

After trial and error, I found that it's best to spread a thin layer
of the mixture over the entire tortilla and then pick a side and roll
from that side otherwise all the meat is in the middle.



To get the tortillas crispy, my trick is to spray them with non-stick canola oil.

I baked them at 425 degrees keeping a close eye on them until they were browned....about 10 minutes.


I just added some guacamole, sour cream, corn (leftover from the salsa) and my "homemade" salsa and it was a dinner that was a hit!


What are your favorite family dinners?



7 comments:

Bliss said...

We love everything in your taquitos so I know these would be a hit for my family. Can I trust you after my adventures in cake pop making?

~Bliss~

Christine@ Projects Around the House said...

This looks delicious! I love taquitos but never tried to make them before. Looks easy :)

Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

Dixie Delights said...

Nicole - Thank you so much for featuring my den on your facebook page. I'm flattered!! Amanda @ Dixie Delights

Monika said...

Nicole, these looks delicious! I am using lots of ground chicken and turkey too and this is a great recipe. Thanks, Monika

Lil Mama Stuart said...

Did they come out crispy, using the oven? I've fried them before, but they wouldn't stay tightly rolled and my meat would always fall out!

{northern cottage} said...

mmmm taquitos! so happy to have found your blog & linking up as your newest linky follower! xo c'mon by for a visit anytime!

www.NorthernCottage.net

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

just pinned! i love that you sprayed with olive oil for crunchiness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...