February 9, 2012

Linky Follower Tool

Before I went away to Hawaii, I had the opportunity to be a 
part of a group to test the new




Can I just say "kudos" to Brent for developing this AMAZING program
in such a short amount of time!

As many of you know Google is taking a lot of their
"extras" away from the blogworld......I can't even talk yet about the loss
of Picnik!

One extra leaving for all non-Blogger users is the Google Friend Connect (GFC).
It is also rumored to be eventually disappearing for Blogger users, too!


Linky Followers is and awesome replacement for GFC.  
It is very easy to use AND it's FREE!!
If you want a complete tutorial for how to use it, check out 
THIS POST from At The Picket Fence.






To celebrate this fun new blogging tool, Cheri from 
It's So Very Cheri is hosting a party?
So break out your poodle skirt and saddle back shoes
 cuz’ we’re having a LINKY FOLLOWER PARTY HOP!

RULES:


1. You MUST have the LINKY FOLLOWERS tool on your site to participate.

{You can have both the LINKY FOLLOWERS & GFC on your site but you must have the LINKY FOLLOWERS to participate in this party hop.}

2. You MUST follow the person who has the party on their site as a thank you.

3.Just add your blog button to the LINKY PARTY below.

4.Then grab the BLOG HOP code

You will find the code right under the Linky Party where it says CLICK HERE TO ENTER
just under that it says: WHAT IS A BLOG HOP? GET THE CODE HERE 
Click on GET THE CODE HERE and enter it into a post on your site.
You can grab the party button code in the FOOTER at Its So Very Cheri
You can grab info from my post if it helps you with your post.

5. Then you follow other bloggers–(as many as you want)
–leave each one of the blogs that you follow a comment letting them know you are following them and ask them to follow you back.



If you want to add the BLOG HOP to your own site you will get lots of new followers(see rule #2)

…So do ya want to go Cruisin’?

I plan on HOPPING from BLOG to BLOG to follow everyone who follows me.


21 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Nicole! I'm happy you have the Linky Followers widget up- following you now!

And thanks for hosting the party :)

Sarah @ Crafting and Creativity

Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

I am a new follower form the LF blog hop and hope you get a chance to stop by My Road to Savings

Unknown said...

Hey Nicole...I'm following you on linky too :)

Lindy said...

Hey Nicole.....I'm just curious; I too am upset that GFC is going away and I'm curious...do you think Linky followers is better than Bloglovin'? I haven't had a chance to really check either out. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks! {{{HUGS}}} Lindy

Pieced Pastimes said...

Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. I hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps follow me back.

Paulette said...

Found you via the Linky Blog Hop, I am now one of your Linky followers. I would love if you could visit my blog and become a Linky follower.

Chelsea said...

I'm a little confused about this, does this mean that I can no longer follow blogs that are not through google? (.blogspot.com) Will they disappear from my "Following" list? Or is the widget just disappearing? I am a little confused...

I read the Picket Fence post about Linky Followers, and I am also a little confused about when she said that blog posts must be updated manually to remain at the top of a followers blog reader. So this means all I have to do is press refresh, and it will show me the newest updated blogs, right? That seems like no big deal as long as that is what it means!

I'm just a little confused by this, but I think I will go ahead and do it!

Unknown said...

I've been following you through GFC for awhile. So sad it's going away! But I'm now following you on LF!! Would love it if you came by and followed me back!
-Melissa
http://www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

HI,
I'm happy to be following you from the Linky followers blog hop!! If you want to follow back, I can be found at http://www.measuredbytheheart.com
Thanks!!

Unknown said...

I'm a follower from the Linky Follower Blog hop! I hope you'll follow me back!
http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/

LifeLessOrdinary said...

I'm a new Linky Follower (from the blog LF hop) and I'd love it if you would visit my blog, http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com

shari said...

New follower via the Linky Party Hop.
I hope you will stop by my blog, say hello and follow me back!

Athena said...

Hello - I am your newest LF Follower from TheStuffofSuccess. Please follow back - thanks and have a terrific evening.

U said...

Cute blog!! PLEASE come follow me! I am your newest Linky follower!

amy and jesse hudson said...

New LF follower!

Amy @ Sugar and Spice

www.amynjesse.com

Nancy @ Life: Designed said...

Hi Nicole! I found your site via the blog hop! Just signed up to follow you!
Nancy
alifedesigned.blogspot.com

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

I'm a new follower via LF.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! I'm a new LF! Would love to have you visit The Shady Porch!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. I'm happy to follow you.

I'm on the Linky Blog Hop and am following you!

I hope that you will follow me back!

robin :-)

http://robinsnestquilting.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-first-givaway-day-13.html

Seow wei said...

Hi, thanks for following me, I following back, thank you. Happy Valentine's Day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...