February 18, 2012

Hutch Makeover



I recently had the opportunity to refinish a few pieces
of furniture for a friend.  I forgot to take before pictures, but
here are some of the afters.

This was just your average pine hutch....the back was wobbly and it
had wooden knobs to match.

My Dad helped with this project....he actually did a lot of the work!

First he took a $15 piece of wood from Lowe's and cut it to fit the entire back.
This made the whole piece more solid and less wobbly.


Then he primed it with a sprayer and  sprayed two coats of an
off-white satin paint by Behr.

I complained to him because my job was to come in and distress it...he
did such a good job painting, I had a hard time taking the paint off!


After taking a hand sander, I added one coat of Satin water-based polyurethane
sealer and some snazzy new knobs....





I didn't want to give this piece back!


8 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks fabulous!

ANNE said...

Love it!! Where did you find those knobs??!!!

Good Time Charlie said...

Gorgeous! I wouldn't want to give it back either!

Nancy @ Life: Designed said...

It's beautiful! How sweet that it's a father/daughter project! The distressing looks awesome!

Jen C. said...

Fabulous and lovely! I'm now also a Linky Follower, and Hostess on my blog too! Really liking this new fun tool!

momto8 said...

I could see why you wanted to keep it....looks great!! i bet she loves it!

Sugarr2518 said...

I wouldn't want to give it away either! I love the distressed look and the knobs are just perfect:)

Renee @ Rustic Crafts and Chic Decor said...

This looks amazing!
I just started a brand new themed link party just for rustic and shabby chic projects. I would love to have you share this - http://rustic-crafts.com/?p=5388

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...