February 6, 2012

Inexpensive Valentine Art.....


I made this project last year and despite all the excess glue....it still remains one of my favorite projects....

I took an old frame from Goodwill and painted it with white paint.  I then rubbed glaze onto it....you can also use stain.

I grabbed some foam board....you can buy it at The Dollar Tree for $1.00.  I had some scrap lying around...

Take some red cardstock and cut a circle and then cut a spiral...


Start in the center and begin to glue your rosette.....use SMALL dabs of glue....I used GLOBS!



I ripped some strips from the want ads in the newspaper and then glued my rosettes in the shape of a heart....




I had leftover scrapbook stickers and added the word LOVE...



It was a quick and easy project that can be customized however you like!




If you like this project....would you PIN IT??

9 comments:

Good Time Charlie said...

That is so cute. I am thinking a good one to make with my kids. Thanks!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Super cute. Loved this project.

Artsy VaVa said...

I love this! Pinned it.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

AHH!!! SO stinkin' adorable! Love the way you made the roses -- clever clever!

Anonymous said...

I love it! So simple and elegant.

Taylor said...

So adorable! Thanks for sharing! I'm a new linky follower from the blog hop!

Taylor
Domestic8d

Special 'K' said...

Its gorgeous, adorable, I love it. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Special 'K' said...

Silly me I forgot to ask, what was the treatment on the actually frame. If you would be kind enough to email me that would be lovely. Cheers SpecialK
specialk@hotmail.com.au

Mrs. Nancy G said...

What an awesome creation! I love the look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...