February 7, 2012

Dining room....progress??

Way back when.....I embarked on a project.....the week before Thanksgiving I decided to "redo" my dining room....what a DISASTER that was!

It didn't start badly...in fact, I really like my Craig's List hutch that I painted with homemade chalkpaint....



I also like my Habitat Restore chandelier that got a new life with a little bit of spraypaint....



The disaster was (and still is!) the paint....


In fact.....I am so paralyzed by the paint color that I've been ignoring the room for 2 months now....I just can't pick a color.  I'm not sure what is wrong with me.....maybe it's the fact that I  had FOUR colors on the wall in a span of 1 week??

The other problem was that I had a dining room table and no chairs.....it's a long, confusing story, but I sold the chairs on Craig's List because at the
time I had no dining room....it was a school room.....but then the flood came....and we redid our basement and I moved our classroom to the basement.....told you it was confusing!

So I was left with a table that I hauled out of our basement and no chairs....


But I recently saw these on our Habitat Restore Facebook page....


They were $10/chair and there were SIX of them!!  I tried to bargain them down, but it didn't happen....$60 for 6 solid wood chairs is a good deal, I guess....

I still have no idea what to do with the walls.....but I know what I'm going to do with these chairs!  It involves homemade chalkpaint, drop cloth and faux grain sacks!!

I'll keep you posted!





6 comments:

Bliss said...

Well I'm looking forward to seeing the chairs, especially the grain sack part and $60 for six chairs, oh yeah! As far as your paint color, I can't help. I'm the one everyone in my house groans about when I say I want to paint a room. They know it means several colors, more work, and ends up a neutral.

~Bliss~

Janel from NellieBellie said...

But...you are making progress! You solved the chair dilemma. And those chairs are going to look awesome!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the chairs and I had a hutch like that but sold it about ten years ago though. I can't wait to see your chairs all done! Chosing paint can be so stressful I think!

Jen C. said...

I commiserate with you! I am without chairs too and stuck on paint color for the dining set - it was a mess when I got it - I painted it, and now I'm not so sure anymore.... But, one step at a time and Inspiration! Sounds like the chairs are your inspiration and that's the best place to start! Good luck!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Can't wait to see what you do with those chairs! Glad to have found you thru Cheri's blog hop! New Linky Follower - hope you can pop on over soon!
Kelly

citicasita said...

Hi, I love the hutch. I've mixed my own CP as well as Annie Sloan's CP. Love them both...
I've followed you on Linky Followers and would like to be able to access your site easily on Linky Followers. Would like it if you follow back.

thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...