May 7, 2011

I'm working on a new project....


 {My daughter's room....}


So life here has been a little crazy.......while I anticipate the end of our homeschooling year, it also brings with it a TON of work!  We live in one of the more regulated homeschool states which means.....PAPERWORK and TONS of it!! 

So I have been in the midst of putting together our portfolios, ordering new curriculum for next year and writing lesson plans.....which means that not much crafting is taking place....


But I am working on my daughter's bedroom and at the moment my hubby is correcting my bad angles that I cut with the miter saw, so I am hoping to reveal it this week!


So here is my "before".....



When we moved to Lancaster, I was pregnant with my daughter.  It was a huge ordeal....each of my kids came very early and she was almost born at 29 weeks....a crazy story that at some point I will share.

We moved at the height of the housing market, so it was actually more affordable to build rather than buy....exactly what a 30 week pregnant woman on bedrest with 2 other small children wants to hear!

While we  were waiting for our house to be built, we lived in an apartment/townhouse.....the was infested with mice.....14 of them to be exact.  They mocked me....sticking their little heads up through the stove, running over my silverware......it was a nightmare!  (And there's still so much more to the story.......)

By the time we moved into our house, I had a 3 month old baby and was suddenly, abruptly, unexpectedly thrown into the world of homeschooling!

So the fact that my daughter's room has pink walls it quite an achievement!

It's not that I have avoided doing her room, it just that her room has a lot of emotion packed into it....memories of some of the hardest months of my life.

But I decided....it's time!  It's time to cover the horrid color of pink that I picked and go with something vibrant that suits my vibrant daughter!

Enter....Behr 520E-1 Tropical Breeze in eggshell....





Some beadboard wallpaper.....


 
And I'm really excited about what I am going to do with this wall.....




It has something to do with what's in these boxes from IKEA!! 



Stay tuned!  I'll try to reveal it all this week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like it will be a fun, new room for her! can't wait to see it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...