May 24, 2011

Root Beer Floats on a stick....


{A summer business venture??}





My boys are on a kick to make some money this summer.....they want to start some type of a business.  They were thinking of a weeding and watering service while neighbors are on vacation.

My little guy has always been an entrepreneur....here at age 4 he was trying to sell his artwork on our street....his Daddy bought out the store!


Recently, we've had a new neighbor move in...another homeschool family, and their son is also a "businessman."  So when our neighborhood had a yardsale last weekend and the boys found a slushee machine for $2.00, they got busy!

My kitchen looked like a fruit punch explosion took place, but they made a total of $4.00 and are ready to set up a wagon to pull around the neighborhood on hot days....slushee making sounds a lot better to them than weeding in the hot sun!

So when I saw this idea today at  Smilemonsters, I thought immediately of my boys!



Homemade rootbeer floats on a stick!!!  YUM!!




She used rootbeer, sweetened condensed milk, and milk to make these wonderful looking Root Beer and Creamsicles.....yum!!!

For Jo's completely recipe and how-to, go HERE.


Looks like I'll be running to the grocery store today to pick up some supplies!


What fun things are you doing with your kids this summer?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww that looks like so much fun!! I have quite a few things planned that I would love to do with my kids now I just have to find the energy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout out! You will have to let me know how it goes.

Jo @ SmileMonsters

John Wilkinson said...

Delish - love the picture of Aedie

Stacy CUrran said...

Yum! I have to do this with my kids. Also, the sidewalk chalk PAINT from Smashed Peas and Carrots blog.....
Stacy

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH I miss those days! How great that kids STILL do this kind of fun thing! Adorable pics and thanks for the lead to this yummy recipe that I bet kids of any age will enjoy!!

Sherree R said...

This is an awesome idea. We are having a neighborhood garage sale this weekend and we are going to give this a shot. We are trying out the rootbeer floats, but also thought we could make a dreamsicle version by using orange soda instead of rootbeer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...