August 1, 2011

Camping out birthday....kind've....



We've done a camp-out sleepover birthday for my older son for many years and it has never rained.....until this year.....


We've had the passing shower....the thrilling thunderstorm, but constant, steady rain in July???


And the worst part about it.....I had absolutely no back-up plan! Me....the girl who thrives on checking weather bug did not know that it was supposed to rain.  (Actually, I don't think that the weatherman knew, either!)




So I had way bigger plans for this cake......but suddenly, one hour before the party, I had to do a massive clean of basement....and the cake...well, let's just say that it tasted good!




Happy birthday, my precious son.....you are so loved!

3 comments:

Sparklinbecks said...

Wow, I remember when he was born! What a handsome guy he is!

I think your cake looks great!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OH you amazing mom!! What memories you are creating for them! I think the cake is fantastic and I'm sure they had fun despite the rain. We had over 11 inches of rain in July here and 8 of that was in one day!

Tanya Anurag said...

The cake looks great. Belated birthday wishes for your boy.

We have a link-up party going on - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. I would really appreciate if you'd link up some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...