August 29, 2011

Finally....my half bathroom reveal



So I've been working on this project for a couple of weeks.... I've been interrupted by an earthquake, a hurricane, a rabies scare and another pest scare that I'll save for a later post......you don't even want to know, but it involved me crawling on my son's floor with a flashlight and magnifying glass...BIG *sigh*!


At some point in my "distant" decorating past, I preferred darker colors and a more country feel....recently though, I've been moving toward the light...can I get an "Amen?!"






I am just loving the lighter colors!! Look at that difference....



I can't give you the exact color of the walls, because I took a gallon of blue that my friend gave me and just started dumping white (exterior!) satin paint in it to lighten it.......yes, I was walking on the wild side!




I swapped out our light bar with a light that I purchased from the local thrift shop.....for $4.00!!




I gave it a coat of Oil Rubbed Bronze from Krylon and it was as good as new!




I spraypainted all of my hardware.  I sprayed my towel holder, the toilet paper holder and my light switches with Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze.   


If you'd like to know how I did the light switches, you can go HERE and read an older post on it.




While my walls went lighter, my cabinet went darker.....I got permission from the hubby to paint it and I chose this color black from The Lettered Cottage.


You can read more details about how I made over my cabinet HERE. All that I used was beadboard wallpaper, paint and a satin polyurethane sealer. 


If you look carefully, you can see that I added a $3.00 piece of trim on the back edge and floor to give the beadboard a more finished look.



I purchased the same trim as I used HERE in my kitchen remodel....the price just went up a few cents!




I am not completely finished.....my Roman shade didn't quite work, so I need to get some more tension rods and "fake" it and then get white blinds to hang under the material....




I also ran out of money with the cat expenses and I'm waiting to purchase some MDF....I can't wait to show you how I plan to trim out the mirror.....it will match the cabinet and add the final "pop" to the room!




Here's my cost breakdown:


Paint:  FREE....leftover from a friend
Cabinet paint*:  $21 after a $5 rebate
Spraypaint:  free...already had it
Candlestick:  $0.50 from Goodwill
Bookwreath:  $1.00 foam from The Dollar Tree 
           $1.00 book from Goodwill
Light:  $4.00 from Thrift Store
Curtain:  $5.00 for fabric from Joanne's
Accessories:  Free....pulled from other rooms!

TOTAL:  $32.50 but really, I only used about $4.00 worth of paint!
The true cost would be.....$15.50!!!


*I've been using the black paint everywhere so it was well worth the purchase of an entire gallon!



I just love how you can make BIG changes for little money.....

Don't forget to enter my UPrinting Giveaway!!





16 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! $15.50. If only I could pull off a room for that little!

Tammy said...

Looks great and love the cost!

Rachel said...

The transformation is great! :)

Carolyn said...

Beautiful job. I so need to do our bathroom. Getting started is the hardest part!

Jen @ Gricefully Homeschooling said...

Very pretty! And frugal too! Do you want to come redo my guest bath? =D I am struggling so much with trying to redo it on a budget. The 1980's bath in a hundred year old house, is driving me crazy.

I look forward to seeing more ideas!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

This is amazing! I love the colors! (And the price!)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Dang! I love how this turned out, and your color choices. You just made me what to "refinish" my bathroom more. I already painted and spray painted our fugly brassy gold light fixture antiqued bronze, which I wasn't sure was going to work, but it did! Now I want to do the towel bar, toilet paper holder, and light switch, as you did. Ohhh hubby's gonna happy, haha... (sense the sarcasm?)

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Thanks everyone.... :)

Katie...my hubby is sure that I'm going to have some type of dementia when I am older because of all of the spray paint fumes....

Restore and Renew said...

What a great piece. I am a new follower.

atlasbathrooms said...

Nice post, thank you for sharing. You have really imparted useful knowledge. A very useful post I must say.

bathroom accessories

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

I'm going ot be featuring you this friday! Come check it out and feel free to add any new projects!

Lindsay said...

Wow, this is awesome! I love that you spent next to nothing to create something so beautiful! Very impressive! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share!

Chef in Training said...

WOW! I am so impressed! I love this! Great job and for such an amazing price too! I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Rica said...

What a great transformation! Amazing what a little paint can do.

fastappsapk said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. how to make a gif

Kids Coloring Pages said...


Pip Photo Editor - Collage Editor - Shahnaz Studio: best app to make photo collages and photo pip with easy and few clicks. pip photo editor easy to use to make your selfies heart touching.
pip photo editor


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...