August 31, 2011

Thrifty Thursday #24

Confession.....this week has kind've kicked my backside.....I really try to "under" schedule myself (my family is laughing right now because I often fail miserably at doing that!)...but sometimes there are weeks where I get no break.....and this was one of them....


My fall piano lessons started and somehow from last year....my number of students has at least doubled....my kids started full days of homeschooling and I had numerous doctor appointments to run people to.....Do you ever have weeks like this??


My daugher's comment today...."Mommy, are you drinking Mountain Dew again??"  
Me....."Shh....don't tell, Daddy!"


So...while I tried to comment on all of your projects, it just didn't happen and I probably didn't even get to half of you.....Just know that I love looking at all of your ideas and even if I don't tell you...I luv' ya!


So here is a highlight of projects from last week's Thrifty Thursday.


How cute is this plaster tic-tac-toe board from Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom?


These candlestick holders from Burton Avenue were made from cereal boxes....yes!....cereal boxes!!



Eat Cake for Dinner outdid herself with these homemade snickers bars....YUM!!



I featured this on my FB page, but this felt make-up from Gluesticks was too cute not to feature again....what little girl would not love to play with this!



I just love this DIY jewelry holder from Crafting and Creativity.....in fact, I already started painting my own cabinet door to make one!



Conspicuous Style has a wonderful tutorial for how to make these monogrammed lampshades.....



This ric-rac blanket from Happy Hour Projects is such a cute gift idea and Adrianne says that it can be completed in an hour!



If you were featured this week, be sure to grab a button!


Here are some very simple suggestions for the party:

1. Please become a follower of Thrifty Decorating.
2. Be sure to link to your POST and not your blog.
3. Please copy and paste my link button somewhere in 
your post or blog so that others can link back.


After you've linked here, hop over and say "hi" 
to Johnnie at her Thrifty Thursday link party
ThriftyThurs SBLC Buttons


You can also head over to visit Erika 
at Thrifty and Fabulous and join 
her Thrifty Thursday!

Let's begin week #24 of  Thrifty Thursday!


7 comments:

Tres Chere said...

Hey Nicole! I know exacting what you are talking about...I feel like I am always in that situation. Not enough hours in the day! Hope you have a wonderful week!

At The Picket Fence said...

Great features! I hear ya on the crazy busy days. Thank you for hosting the lovely party. :)

Heather

Laura Beth said...

Hey Nicole!! I LOVE your book wreath & on the window....that's fabulous :) As always, thanks for hosting!

Sarah said...

Hey Nicole, I hope things settle down a bit for ya! I can totally relate with the soda thing- I'm a diet coke girl! ;)

Thanks for featuring my jewelry holder! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Sarah

Ang @ Taking a Sunday Drive said...

Hi Nicole! How are you? I know that you loved my "old chair" two weeks ago..check out what I did with it's "mate" this week on my Bridal Tea Post (#31 in the linky party!) Thanks for hosting! Angie

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

Hilary said...

Thank you for hosting. I'm sure it takes you more time, but I like seeing what you've featured each week, and to see what you've made too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...