August 30, 2011

Old Book Wreath...



I just love the blog {show & tell}......Sasha's style is simple and beautiful.  It was her half bath that inspired me to get into gear and start painting my own!  I plan to totally and completely copy how she updated her bathroom mirrors....it's beautiful!  I'm just saving money to purchase the mdf.....


So when I saw her old book wreath, I knew that I wanted to do that in my bathroom, too!


Here is what I used:




As I was shopping for a book with yellowed pages at the Goodwill, a woman looked over and said..."Oh, I really like that author!"  


To which I replied....."Oh, I'm not going to actually read it, I'm just ripping out the pages for a craft..."


Then, I got the look......the "oh..you're kind've weird" look!




Now....I thought that I double-checked to make sure the book was "clean", but as I was ripping pages out, I realized that I needed to strategically fold......if you get when I'm sayin'!  That's all I need my guests (or sons!) to notice in the bathroom!




I had a bunch of straight pins leftover from another project, so I just used them.....I made a number of circles of pages to give it layers....




I had some old burlap leftover from another project and added a hanger with some hot glue and voila.....a $2.00 addition to my bathroom!  I may still go back and add some distressing ink to the edges to give it some dimension....if I ever have some "extra time."




I just love cheap and easy crafts!

19 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, Nicole! I totally love that wreath! I am definitely gonna have to copy it! :)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Turned out great - super cute and goes great with the blue.

Cailan said...

Show & Tell was one of the first decor blogs I discovered and it really inspired me also. Love the "poofiness" of your wreath. :) And great pics!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

VERY cute! I SO love anything with book pages and I love the way this turned out!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love it. Perfect for fall. I like the faded pages.

Alison Agnew said...

very pretty...love the 'strategic folding'...don't need those boys seeing anything racy! thanks for linking up to fridays unfolded!

alison

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

This turned out so well! I tried one of these once and didn't love mine. So I tossed it. Maybe I will try again! It looks so cute!

Would love for you to link it up to Fabulous Friday!

http://ohhbabydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/very-first-fabulous-friday-chalkboarded.html

At The Picket Fence said...

That is positively gorgeous and your photography is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} said...

it looks awesome!!! And i LOVE your old window too!! :)

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

BEAUTIFULLY done! Just pinned it!
Thanks for sharing over at Roeshel's project parade!

xo Lynda

Anonymous said...

Your wreath turned out so nice! I love the window you hung it over too!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Pinning For later! I'd love for you to link up at my link party going on right now :) hope to see you there!

http://www.thekurtzcorner.com/2011/09/if-you-havent-seen-awesome-giveaway.html

Audra

ANNE said...

So cool - love it!

& I'm your newest follower!!

Maria Babin said...

oh man! i love that wreath! definitely pinning it to make very soon! absolutely love the frame too! what taste, what style! thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

You did a really fabulous job! I have created one of these before and they are HARD WORK! SO wonderful job! Thank you for sharing this @ Show & Share! I hope to see more from you!

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

Who knew book pages could be so beautiful?! Great job:)

Unknown said...

Okay, out of all book wreaths I've seen I love this one the best! Gonna have to get to work! :)

Katie said...

This is gorgeous! I love how it turned out. I actually found this on Pinterest and have featured it on my Pinterest Pick Post. http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2012/09/pinterest-picks_23.html Please let me know if you would like me to take down your post. I think you did a fabulous job!

Mary Beth said...

This is so pretty ~ I think I'll try my hand at making one of my own. Wish me luck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...