August 19, 2011

How to make a gift bow....



I am the worst gift wrapper in the world....truly!  One Christmas I actually hired a girl in our youth group to wrap our gifts because I was too embarrassed to take mine to the family Christmas......(This was earlier in my marriage.....I've since learned!)


So I always stress when my kids go to birthday parties or we have gifts for weddings because my wrap-job looks like a 4 year old did it!


The other day, I was in Walmart and was getting school supplies but I walked past their bow section.  Now for some of you, this is basic bow making 101....for me, it was complete enlightenment and I suddenly realized how to make a fluffy-looking bow!


So...just in case there are others like me....gift-wrapping inept....here's how to make a store-bought bow!


Cut some long lengths of ribbon.......about 3-4 feet each.




After you have cut about 20ish lengths of ribbon, fold them in half and tie with another piece of ribbon to secure the bunch.




Using scissors, curl your ribbon lengths.  (I only have a few lengths here, but when I made my actual bow I had a lot more ribbon!)






And that's it....truly an awakening for me!






Now if I could only learn how to wrap!!

3 comments:

Erika said...

So easy! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Now I've never thought of how to make these cute bows -- thanks for sharing this easy method!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

I LOVE wrapping presents! I try to convince my friends to pay me to do theirs ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...